Page 1 sur 11 123 ... DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 1 à 10 sur 101

Discussion: Waxer un denim (en photo)

Vieux briscard de la route

Waxer un denim (en photo)

Yeap, j'ai choppé un jean noir profond avec une bonne coupe et je pensais le waxé moi même pour golri.

Quelqu'un a déjà tenté ? Des idées pour le faire ?

Vous aurez droit a un avant un apres :beer:

Roi du bitume

Re : Waxé un denim (en photo)

tiens si ça peut t'aidé!

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=19672

En gros faut de la cire d'abeille!

J'ai trouvé sa sur SUFU, mais je comprend rien qui pour traduire les points clef du DIY ?
    Citation Envoyé par familyman Voir le message
    I gathered the supplies for my project. Beeswax, raw linseed oil and turpentine.

The wax was $11, the others $5 each, so $21 in supplies. I also needed a metal can to cook it in and a paintbrush. I used half a pint of the linseed oil and half pound of beeswax on my grill on low heat. The instructions say to use a double boiler but I didn?t have a pot I wanted to put on my grill and I wasn?t about to cook a can full of flammable materials on my stove inside. It worked quite well. After everything was melted in solution I pulled it off the grill and added half a pint of turpentine to thin the mixture out a bit. I waited until after it was off the grill because turpentine and open flame is a bad mixture. This a probably a good time to mention that not only is the solution making process a bit dangerous but when you?re done the clothing you make is a giant candle. It?s cotton and wax. Be careful.

Time to wax the jacket. Having never done this I just sort of brushed it on. In retrospect I think I would have put the can back on the heat every now and again to keep the mixture more fluid and tried to work slower. Reality was that about when I was taking the pictures it started to thunder and threaten to rain.

I didn?t get to take as much time as I liked. The finished jacket was shiny and had little blebs of wax on it. It was ugly and really waxy and I was pretty sure I had destroyed the coat.

Citation Envoyé par familyman Voir le message
    I brought the coat into the garage and spent about an hour with a heat gun slowly working the wax mixture into the fabric. This made all the difference in the world. Now it just looked like a damp jacket that reeked of turpentine.

To do this project you NEED to let hang outside for a while. I did this on Saturday afternoon. By Sunday night the turpentine smell had gone away leaving the jacket smelling fairly pleasantly of beeswax and linseed oil. The jacket has been loosing it?s greasy feel bit by bit and now about 48 hours after the project it just feels waxy and has a really great look forming where the fabric creases. I still wouldn?t put it over anything that I couldn?t get waxy right now. The can of linseed oil says it has a drying time of 2-4 days so I think the finish on the jacket will continue to change and hopefully harden in time.

That?s it, my waxed denim project. Sorry this was so long and my photography skills suck, but if you have any questions ask away. I had fun and even if it?s never anything more than a work coat then it was worth it to me.

Je me chauffe jle fait

Roi du bitume

haha same, tu le fais trempé pour virer l'indigo, ensuite tu le badigeonne de cire d'abeille et tu fais séché!

C'est tout ? Parce que ya d'autres produit sur les photos. J'arrive pas a me plonger dans cette anglais de ricain la

Ok, faut juste mélanger a de l'huile de lin pour par que sa se nique quand il fait froid.
    J'ai a peu près tout compris sauf ça, vous voyez sa comment ?

I brought the coat into the garage and spent about an hour with a heat gun slowly working the wax mixture into the fabric

Roi du bitume

Si j'ai bien compris il la ramené dans son garage et a passé 1 heure a le travailler avec un "pistolet a chaleur". Pour que la cire seche, si jai bien compris?

Ouai mais pistolet a chaleur c'est séchoir ? J'achète la cam demain et jle tente

Roi du bitume

A mon avis un seche cheveux ca marche :D

As du volant

Heat gun c'est comme un sèche cheveux mais en 100 fois plus puissant (ça s'appelle un décapeur thermique, plus exactement). Ca peut se louer chez Kiloutou, mais un bon sèche cheveux fera le même travail!

l'idée était alors pas de faire sécher la cire mais de la faire mieux pénétrer dans la matière, afin qu'elle ne soit pas qu'en surface.
    **1m90 83 kgs, hauts L/XL, pompes T43, futs T31/32**
    [quote author=Sryk link=topic=2515.msg897197#m

Règles de messages